PRAYING FOR THOSE IN AUTHORITY
Philippians 4:6-8 (NIV) 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
Psalm 149 1:1, 6 (NLT) 1 Praise the Lord! Sing to the Lord a new song. Sing his praises in the assembly of the faithful. 6 Let the praises of God be in their mouths, and a sharp sword in their hands—
Psalm 34:1-4 (NKJV) I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. 2 My soul shall make its boast in the Lord; The humble shall hear of it and be glad. 3 Oh, magnify the Lord with me, And let us exalt His name together. 4 I sought the Lord, and He heard me, And delivered me from all my fears.
We don’t often think of it but, praise and worship is one of the most powerful
things that we can do in times of anxiety and fear. Worship reminds us of the
greatness of God, His faithfulness to His promises and, is an important
ingredient to prayer!
Prayer for those in authority
- Spend time reminding yourself of the greatness and faithfulness of God
- Take a few moments to express your gratitude to God for everything good in your life
- Scripture tells us to pray first for those who are in authority
- Pray for President Trump, VP Pence, Corona task force
- Governor Walz, mayors, county officials,
- Those tasked with the health and well-being across Minnesota
- Pray for unity across all political spectrums that they would work together